Terms & Conditions of Business Policy
Definition of our terminology as used within this document:
1. A Project' is any work undertaken or service provided by Mevell Web Design for the client on their request and as described in our confirmation order email to that client.
2. A Client' is a person, persons, business or organisation using any of the services provided by Mevell Web Design.
3. The Payment Period' shall be the time allowed by Mevell Web Design for receipt of all monies owed to Mevell Web Design by the client.
4. Domain' is the website address, as specified by the client.
6. Hosting' is a yearly cost to keep a clients website activated online.
7. Content' is both text and images that the client requires on the website.
Mevell Web Design - Terms & Conditions
1. The contract between Mevell Web Design and the client will be on these conditions to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions. Any variations to these conditions shall have no effect unless agreed in writing.
2. The works to be carried out, shall be as set out in the Mevell Web Design confirmation order email.
3. Mevell Web Design will only commence work on a project after receipt of 25% deposit of the quoted project fee from the client. The next 25% will become due when work commences on the site. The final 50% payment is to be made on completion of the website. We reserve the right to disable any of our clients website's where full payment has not been received within 7 days of the website being switched to live mode. There will be a £50 administration charge to reactivate a site that has been disabled due to late payment.
4. Mevell Web Design shall expect the client to carry out sufficient research before proceeding with a website. This will include checking that the website / idea / business will operate legally within UK law. It is important that the website is not in anyway illegal.
5. Where images used on the website have been purchased by Mevell Web Design on behalf of the client, these images are strictly for use on the website only. Mevell Web Design are not liable for misuse of these images by the client or any other person/s copying, altering or distributing the images to individuals or other organisations.
6. Mevell Web Design will host the website if the client requires us to do so and on receipt of full payment of our hosting fees. In doing so we will endeavour to provide a reliable and professional service to the client at all times but do not guarantee that the website hosting will be available at all times, especially in the event of a technical failure beyond our control.
7. Mevell Web Design cannot be held responsible for anything adversely affecting the client's business operation, sales, or profitability that they might claim is a result of a service offered by Mevell Web Design.
8. Where we have been asked to provide search engine optimisation for a client, we do not guarantee any specific placement or high ranking on search engines.
9. Mevell Web Design will provide the client with an expected project completion date (live on the internet) if requested. We will endeavour to meet any given deadline but we do not guarantee and are not bound in any way to complete the project by this date.
10. It is the clients responsibility to check with Mevell Web Design that open source software is being used or not.
11. We do not charge customers for open source software. If there is a charge for a website using open source software, you are paying for the installation time. Open source software is not owned by Mevell Web Design or our client.
12. Mevell Web Design owns all design and codes of the website. Images may have been purchased by Mevell Web Design for the client, unless the images have been supplied by the client. Item 12 is subject to item 11.
13. All images displayed on the client's website will only be used after authorisation by the client and are the sole responsibility of the client regarding usage and copyright. Should any legal issues or claims arise from the content or copyright of any images supplied by the client or Mevell Web Design, they will be the sole responsibility of the client.
14. Domain names will be registered by Mevell Web Design and also registered to the Mevell Web Design current address. Although the domain names are registered to Mevell Web Design, the client is the legal owner of the domain and if they request to have details changed or the domain transferred elsewhere, Mevell Web Design will do this within reasonable time.
15. It is the responsibility of the client to renew their domain names when due. If a domain name expires, Mevell Web Design can not be held liable for this. However, Mevell Web Design will make reasonable effort to contact the client regarding domain renewal.
16. When a client renews hosting with Mevell Web Design, this also includes domain renewal if the renewal is needed to keep the site functioning and was purchased as part of the hosting package. If the client does not renew the hosting, their domain name could be made available to the public for purchase and Mevell Web Design can not be held liable for this.
17. Renewal of hosting is due on a yearly basis. The date of renewal will be annually from the date the website was ordered by the client. The hosting will not be renewed if we cannot contact the customer or the customer requests for us to not host this site. This will also affect the domain as per item 15.
18. The hosting renewal charge must be received within 30 days of the hosting expiry date. We reserve the right to deactivate any website where the hosting has expired and the client has not paid the renewal charge. There will be an administration fee set by Mevell Web Design for reactivating the website / hosting.
19. If the client does not use Mevell Web Design hosting services then the management and hosting of the domain name are the full responsibility of the client.
20. Mevell Web Design has no control of, or responsibility for, the content of our client's web sites. In no way does the textual or image based content of our client's web sites constitute Mevell Web Design endorsement, or approval of the web site or the material contained within the web site. Mevell Web Design has not verified any of the materials, images or information contained within our client's web sites and is not responsible for the content or performance of these sites or for the client's transactions with them. Mevell Web Design provides links or references to our client's websites solely for the convenience of prospective customers and intends that the links it provides be current and accurate, but we do not guarantee or warrant that such links will point to the intended client site at all times.
21. Mevell Web Design are not liable for loss, damage or corruption to files or information stored on our servers or individual PC's relating to a client's website. The client is solely responsible for any information or files relating to their website.
22. If a domain name is purchased by the client through a company other than Mevell Web Design, the client has full responsibility in making sure that the domain name is renewed when due. Mevell Web Design will not renew the domain name when annual hosting renewal is due if the domain name is purchased through a company other than Mevell Web Design.
23. It is important that the client keeps in contact with Mevell Web Design via email at all times as this is our primary method of communication. If we do not receive a reply to the last sent email to a client within 1 week then we reserve the right to charge a £50 administration fee.
24. It is important that all content that is required to be displayed on the website is sent to Mevell Web Design from the client within 2 weeks of the confirmation order. If content is received late then we reserve the right to charge a £50 administration fee.
25. Mevell Web Design reserves the right to change or adjust it's prices at any time.
16th February 2016
Book an Appointment now ... professional advice and idea's from our designer so look no further and contact us today for a free consultation and our non obligatory quotation ...